Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Great Expectations!

I really need to start lowering the standard by which I judge myself worthy of reward. I mean, I have bought myself lovely gifts, but then I make myself wait to open them!! 
I remember what is in them - from In The Deep Hue Sea is a lovely rainbow set, 

and from Ancient Arts a gorgeous Canada Day celebration skein. 


But remembering doesn't see the stunning depths of the colours that the camera and monitors can't possibly capture. I want to open the packages, but feel like I need to earn it. 
I was going well in the hat for Elise, until the new deadline came up.  
Maybe I'll finish Elise's hat tonight and open one present. Yes, that!!

I'm currently reading Area X The Southern Reach Trilogy by Jeff VanderMeer  Not a quick read, well and thoughtfully written. Quality sci-fi, no doubt. 



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:41 PM

    That is an awesome book! Savour it!

    ReplyDelete