Tuesday, May 9, 2017

All Work, No Play

So I'm just dull this past week. 
I have been studying for my food safety certificate, which I achieved with a 96%! So you may all be welcome to eat my food with the added assurance that it is prepared in a provincially approved safe manner. The two questions that I got wrong were not food prepped related. One was a matter of my lack of attention and the 2nd was a tricksy one.

Work has also commanded much of my energies. 

Today I practiced my cake ringing! 
 Completely satisfactory, much better than my initial efforts to be sure. 

I have put aside all studious and obligatory matters, taken up a beverage, both refreshing and intoxicating, 
 and have taken up my needles to perform an act of wonder - The Turning of the Heel.  

Petey was so endearing last night. He picked up the bone that Robbie had left behind and jumped up into my bed with it. I put it off and told him that the vine stayed on the floor. He tried again, same result. For those of you who don't know, Petey has a penchant for chewing and eating bedding. He has improved a great deal, but I don't tempt the Fates by allowing him a chewy in my bed. He was utterly torn by his conflicting desire to sleep in bed with me and his newly found savoury chewy. 
He did as I expected. He chewed his bone (finders, keepers) on the floor for a bit, then tried to sneak it up into my bed, then settled in with me in his customary spot behind my knees. I love this wee beastie 🐶 ❤️ 

No comments:

Post a Comment