Now for the seams ...
Tuesday, March 21, 2017
I am done the collar!!! Wow. It is nice and stretchy, so mission accomplished. It got to be quite zen and relaxing, but I'm still quite pleased to be at the end of it.
Thursday, March 16, 2017
Early post today since I'm closing at work tonight.
I got the knitting done and now it's on to a 409 st sewn bind off. It's an effective bind off for maintaining the garter stitch and stretch for a cardigan front.
I'll be at this for awhile. Did I mention that there are 409 stitches to bind off?
Then there's the seaming. I love finishing. I love finishing. I love finishing.
Wednesday, March 15, 2017
Just a quick post with progress pics.
The bottom edging is continuous, it was definitely worth the re-do!!The German short row shaping is easy and great for garter stitch. I'm making notes on the pattern issues and will pass them along to the designer when I'm done.
Monday, March 13, 2017
All along the body, we were merrily slipping the last st, wyif. It creates a lovely loose edge.
When I was knitting the collar, I was merrily knitting, slipping the first stitch, as is my general custom for a slipped stitch edge. The patten didn't indicate otherwise, and it would've been all just fine until they call for a slipped edge stitch in the 1st manner starting with the short row shaping.
I am torn between ripping out a solid 1/2 day's work, and correcting the pattern to reflect a continuous slipped edge style, or continuing to slip the 1st stitch thus having the entire collar section the same, yet different from the body. GAH!!!!
Yeah, you know what I'm gonna do. I am who I am, and cannot do otherwise.
Sunday, March 12, 2017
The belly button is much better!! Swelling is gone, scanning from the hives is healed and the piercing has healed over, leaving me sad, but it is what it is.
I finished knitting the last sleeve on the Rainbow in the Gorge!!!
A couple of the colours finished with not much to spare, but no colour section had to be fudged.
I went on the the collar straight away rather than seaming since my sewing kit was not to hand. And I'm leaving the blocking until after because it's just so freakin' big!!!
391 sts ... long rows, but I've got tomorrow off and with my laundry and errands done today, a storm in the offing, I'm totally set for progress!!
Thursday, March 2, 2017
For the longest time, I've not used polysporin, not even a little. I have several antibiotic allergies, I try not to use any antibiotic anything unless truly necessary.
My belly button piercing had not been truly healing. I used the recommended Spectro wash, then after changing the jewelry out so it would lay more flat, it improved, but still was not dry healed. I've been catching it on boxes at work and decided that maybe a touch of polysporin would do the trick.
No. No it didn't. Just two days of sparse application had my poor belly button swollen, hivey, and itchy nearly beyond bearing. I had to take the piercing out altogether.
I'm not posting pictures - it wasn't pretty.
Two days of diligent, light cleansing with a sterile sodium chloride solution, diligent drying, and prayer (to the old gods and the new) has me not wanting to run around naked so a shirt doesn't touch my belly.
Sadly, my piercing grew over with astonishing quickness! My tongue piercing can be out for days, but my belly heals in the blink of an eye. I'll not be re-doing it. I will find other things to poke holes in.
The power was out this morning; I didn't get to make my habitual morning coffee. I made due with what was at hand and didn't starve.
Knitting progress had been a bit slow. I think my body wanted extra rest to fight off this minor wretchedness. And yet I persist and have something to show for my efforts.
I'm learning new things at work; I love the challenges!!
I'm putting my foot massager (the Homedics one, not Craig) to good use! I don't know how I didn't think to invest in one of these sooner.