Thursday, January 5, 2017

Sock-tastic

Great night on dock last night! I nearly finished my Indie socks, so I finished the toes after I woke up this morning. 
 I love them!! I don't remember what yarn this is, but it was a large skein as I still have 35g remaining. 

I went stash diving to find yarn for the next pair. I'm going to knit a pair for Mark, the dock Team Leader. He lets me knit and I know that he will appreciate the socks. I was cautiously optimistic about finding a colourway that I thought would be appropriate, but looky here - 
 
Result!! I think that he will not be displeased. He told me that his mom used to make him socks; I gathered that they were thicker ones, but he's agreed to give lighter weight ones a go. I'll have to pull out my Handy Book of Patterns  as it's been a long while since I knit socks for anyone else but myself. 

I'm waiting for the computer to install updates so I can download the snooks that Helen and Mark have sent me. 
I am determined to read more this year and be better at logging them on the 50 Book Pledge  I've been a participant for 4 years, but with varying degrees of diligence. 

Just enough time for a nap then before work ... self-care comes more easily when I'm feeling poorly. If I don't take care of myself, I can't take care of the rest of the lot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment