Friday, July 1, 2016

Bernat Sweet Spot

This is my first foray outside of my traditional fingering weight and indie designer yarns for a Sweet
Spot afghan. 
It knits up faster, and it's acrylic, but I keep reminding myself that this is for function and ease of care. And I'm not disliking it, the colours are working up wonderfully! 
 Though I was surprised that given that this is a manufactured yarn, that I have two balls set aside because they are hitting the sweet
spot at a stitch count 4 sts greater than what I'm at now. I know. Damned odd, and well outside of my expectations given my not insignificant experience. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the colours break down. 
It's not an insurmountable problem though; I'll just do a strip at the higher stitch count. 

I discovered a fantastic and delicious alternative to traditional potato crisps at Costco. 
Whisps are made from Parmesan cheese. That's it, that's all.  They are salty and crunchy with no added sugars/carbs. Craig was especially impressed and we are going to buy a significant atock pile!! 




It was nice to have a day to just watch him play his games whilst I alternates between dozing and knitting. 







Tonight, it's the drive in. We're both clearly quite pleased at the prospect. It's been a while since I've been to a drive in!! 
 Independence Day and The Purge:Election Year. 

Great start to a long weekend!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment