Thursday, October 1, 2015

Ch-ch-changes

5 3/4 years at The Mighty Mart of Wal is coming to an end.

I was offered the position of Assistant Manager at the Len's Mill that will be opening soon in Barrie.

It wasn't the slam dunk decision you might think. WM is job security, straight up. I had to weigh some pros and cons, but in the end this is definitely the right time to make this move.

I will be working with a manager that I know and respect, and who respects me and my abilities.

It's going to be rough working out my last week at WM; I've come to know a lot of people quite well, and care about them. We'll stay in touch, and there's always Facebook. Lol.
Needless to say, it was a very busy day.

I cast on a shawl tonight! The Vanessa Ives MKAL.


I am generally a fan of a pointy tipped needle, but I am happy for the mid-pointiness of the Denise 2 Go needles, as the fine 4ply cotton of the Shirley Brian yarn is easily split.

I had to buy beads for it, and when I was standing in Michaels, vowing that I would not pay upwards of $80 for beads, I Googled "beads Barrie". I didn't really expect anything *in* Barrie, just something not too far out.
Mhai O Mhai beads is right in Barrie!!!
Less than $15 had me a couple of strands of beads in two colours that should make my shawl a show piece!!


I am so excited. They offer classes so who knows what I might get up to!!

Anyway. I've been neglectful of myself today and a decent diner is earned and an early bedtime to put paid to the migraine plaguing me. A good day after all is said and done though.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments: