Saturday, March 14, 2015

Happy Pi Day

Lee and I went to St Jacobs today. He'd never actually been to the Market before!!
First and foremost, he's been missing out on the apple fritters; I remedied that quickly enough. He was slow eating his because he refused to use a fork.


He only uses spoons for pudding (desserts).
I also bought some to go - the batter they use is so light they are a lovely sweet snack.
We bought some pepperettes, bacon, Manchester tarts (I asked where they were going to sleep - LOL!!), and Lee found some leather belts that he liked.

Then it was into the town proper. Lee was on a mission to find this spicy sauce shop that he'd been to previously. It wasn't where it had been so we strolled around to find it.
On the way we found some British chocolate, an iPhone cover,


(it amuses me to no end. I laugh every time I look at it. It also reminds me of Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven. Not funny, but still ...) and a nice mid-weather Columbia jacket for 50% off.

Then we found the sauce shop - Taste The 4th Sense. The proprietor was very personable and knowledgable. Everything on offer was available to be tasted. And we tasted until our taste buds were no longer functional, but we came away with a small variety.


If you're in the market for a hot sauce, mild, killer or somewhere in between, please considering giving him your custom.


What better way to soothe capsaicin overloaded tongues than a fine brew?

Block3 Brewing Co was on the way back to the car. Lee was quite pleased, but as we'd gotten off to a late start and we'd not yet properly eaten, we opted to get beverages to go.
I am endlessly optimistic and hopeful that when they advertise a fruit flavour that I will actual really taste that fruit in the beer. As the Cherry Pi was only available in a Growler, there was nothing for it but to take home the jug.


It didn't taste much of cherry, but it is a lovely, light, slightly crisp beer. Once the beer warms a bit, there is a noticeable but subtle cherry finish.


Still working away on Naushon while Lee sorts out the dishes and tea. He generally cooks when we're at his, but I leave the dishes for him to do once in awhile so he appreciates it more when o do them ;)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment