Tuesday, August 12, 2014

There and Back Again, a Knitters Tale

If to err is human, I am feeling especially human!!

I was knitting away on Irish Coffee,


feeling pretty good but just a bit hesitant. I don't know why - I had read through the pattern (and it wasn't my first babycocktails pattern so I was comfortable with their format), I'd knit & blocked a swatch, I was set.
I finally figured it out. For whatever reason I had swatched and was knitting at a 5sts/inch gauge not the 4sts/inch called for!! GAH!!! Absolute idjit mistake and I don't know how I messed that up from my brain to the needles but there was nothing for it.



As luck would have it I had Monday & Tuesday off and Lee is still out in BC on work, so it was Mission Knit Fabric.



Mission Accomplished!!

Poor Toby has been missing Lee a lot and he misses the puppies too. Today he dug one of the holes that Petey & Chica had started a bit deeper and had a lay down.



He looked so forlorn, but nothing drags him out of the doldrums like his favourite game!!


After 45 mins it started raining so he conceded to the weather and gave me a break. I swear, Toby would rather collapse from exhaustion that give up playing ball.



As you can see the Chuckit is well loved. If I'm lucky I can eke about 4 months out of the ball. Chuckit needs to either make them sturdier or send us a few freebies!!

I have been kept super busy at work with Back to School in full swing and cleaning up in the back room. I finally had the chance to sort out the ribbon mod, fill it and adjust the counts. A small piece of perfection if I do say so myself!!



Back to the needles - I close tomorrow night so I can knit late tonight. I'm really hoping that the storm clears away so that I can see some of the Perseid meteor shower.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Linda6:20 PM

    My 2 labs highly recommend the, Chuck It Flying Squirrel. For TV series and good laughs, I recommend, "the Mndy Project". You're welcome! Heh.

    ReplyDelete