Monday, July 16, 2012

Knitterly Knitter

I feel astonishingly and refreshingly productive!!! 

I have finished my purple socks!!

And we all know that there is no love like a new love. That feeling of anticipation,  just thinking about that soft new fibre slipping through your fingers, seeing the colours dance and twirl on the needles and into a new fabric. Hearing the siren song of a new pattern. Ah yes ... there's no time for tired now.

I cast on Drops 85-11 aka Beth's Zara Print Sweater last night. I forgot how buttery smooth Zara is!! It has such a soft twist that you'd think it would be splitty, especially when I'm using my most fave needles ever - Signature Stilettos. The colouration is wonderfully blended, the cables are popping well.

I am also in the throes of indecision for Westknits Mystery KAL 2012. I read it on Anne & Julie's blogs and thought that I had missed the signup - but I didn't!!!

Not like I need another project but Stephen is a very clever designer and I admire the organic flow of his designs very much. I dove into boxes, retrieved likely candidates, mixed, moved, walked away and walked back.



I had it down to the Sundara Seaweed & Red Corset Sunkist but the two skeins of Seaweed are sufficiently different that I have decided against them; I don't want to be switching up balls on alternate rows on a Mystery Project.

I think I'm in love with this though. Wollmeise Blue Bell & Dream In Color Some Summer Sky. Seriously - the names alone betoken a perfect summer shawl combination!!
 
I'm also considering a linen laceweight combination, but I'm not as certain about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment