Wednesday, July 11, 2012

For a woman who is supposed to be resting I have been very busy. And if I could just shake off my perfectly harmless but time-consuming love of Bejeweled & Solitaire Blitz I would be even more productive!!

My Dad had quadruple heart bypass surgery done last Wednesday. He had been feeling shortness of breath and tightness in his chest for about a week when doing different activities but it went away when he stopped. He finally went to the hospital and they jumped right on that with diagnostics & drugs and the surgery. He is doing well by all accounts, and in good spirits considering the considerable change in his diet, quitting smoking and having his activities severely curtailed.

I had my foot surgery on Thursday. It also went well but it hurt like a mofo!! I spent Friday in a drugged haze.
Daphne concentrating

my niece Jasmyn
Saturday my sister came to get me so that we could visit Dad and take him some more books. He can't do much more than read and I came by my love of reading honestly.  It was a gorgeous day and we did a few errands (I picked up a few more books) on the way there & back. While I just limp around at home, I have crutches that I used for the day. That was a lot more work than I thought - my arms and shoulders obviously need more work and it was more ab intensive than I would have thought. I love my dad and I wouldn't have not gone but my body waved the white flag.

I am feeling loads better today!! It is a necessary luxury that I am able to sleep and not sleep as my body dictates. Sometimes that is an hour or 4 hours or 10 hours. I am just rolling with it. The pain has significantly subsided; it's more of a throbbing ache, I still need to keep it elevated more than not.

I finished Elise's sweater! well actually a week or so ago ... And you know the drill, super Top Secret.






I banged out the Mountain Colors scarf - doing the fringe took awhile. I'm not very good at fringes.


















 And I have dragged out some yarns and a couple of Sweet Spot strips that I had made - I want to do some more, I just need to decide on the next strips yarn designer.






I finished my Starbucks socks and have started a new pair of Purple Regia socks. The sock on the left reflects my mood during the few days that I was knitting it - the tension is all over the place. It's not noticeable in the fabric itself but the patterning is a whole lot less forgiving and shows even slight and subtle changes in tension. Not a bad thing, just a thing.

Yes, I have a fun photo editing program and I really love it!! 

The Olympics are coming up and all Ravelympics/Ravelry Games drama aside I am looking forward to them! Along with Netflix and an excellent movie collection my knitting and resting are well accompanied.







No comments:

Post a Comment