Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Keepin' on Keepin' On

So we had a fabulous night at the Purple Purl - Elise, Lise & I actually shut the place down. They might rethink saying "stay as long as you like" henceforth. ;-) Here's Jen with Mermaid Baby - OMG her name is escaping me (something with a "J" maybe) but she was such a sweet baby providing all non-yarn testers with hours of amusement.

I've been swatching up some of the yarns that we came home with - you guessed it, finding their Sweet Spot!
The SWTC Infatuation was very nice, moving slowly but I like
d it then I changed to a new tiny sample ball and it started going way fast and I don't think that I like it; I think that perhaps it's a combination of the bright colours (which I love but may be distracting for the swatch) and not having enough yarn to really swatch up. I loved the slight fluidity of the yarn and the hint of sparkle; perhaps I'll be bold enough to contact them and see if they can spare a couple of balls for my experiment. It will work, I just need to see how.

The Florafil was working excellent at first
(even with the bright colours!!) but the fabric felt too loose so I went down to 5.5mm needles from 6mm and the fabric is nice but I'd like the patterning to be a bit different.
I think that I'm going to set it aside for a bit and think on it.

I got another lovely hat in the mail today - thank you Deirdre, it fits perfectly!! The pattern is Odessa (this is a Ravelry link as the original MagKnits link is all brokey) & the yarn is Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. I don't care how much cashmere may or may not actually be in there ... it's loverly!!!

The 1st digital issue of Knitters is free & available now. OMG - guess who knit Railroad Tracks (pg 194)?!?! Here's a picture of Amanda wearing it before I sent it off.





Did 3rd round of chemo today - think that I'm off for a nap. I'm not sure if I'm slightly nauseous or just over-full of water but I'm definitely tired.


2 comments:

  1. You're welcome - glad it finally made it!!

    I keep meaning to get to the Purl for one of their sampler nights - sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the baby's name is Jeanie (not sure of the spelling)and she is adorable.

    ReplyDelete