Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Post op

Well the post op pain isn't nearly as bad as carrying around the tumour so there's a postitive! It's more like really uncomfortable plus I'm bound as tight in a Tensor bandage as the proverbial sung bug in a rug!! It's so tight that it's messing with the muscles in my back - I am totally going to need a massage!! The bandage can come off Thursday at which time I will see the damages which might be outweighed by the fact that I can finally take a shower!!!

They removed the tumour along with 7 lymph nodes one of which was enlarged. I don't know much about these things (and I'm kinda scared to look it up) and
while the Dr assures me that number/size has no bearing on cancerous potential, 7 still seems like a lot to me. I have to wait 2 weeks for the results/staging/grading of the tumour & lymph nodes. Sigh. The waiting is the absolute worst for me.

I'm really disappointed to have missed the Blue Jays Stitch 'n Pitch last night. Next year I'll totally be there!!!

Thank God I have knitting to kind of take my mind off of too much dwelling. I am just about ready to start on the sleeves of Elise's sweater for XRX. It's deadlined so I'm all over it.
I have started a new Sweet Spot strip - Creatively Dyed Yarns.
This colour is called Larkspur - I'm lovin' it!!
I've also got China Clouds which I will be hard back into as soon as the XRX sweater is done and with the new Rowan out Julie has promised me some Rowan-liciousnous to work on as a rest from the intense intarsia!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment