Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My 15 Minutes

I'm going to get my 15 minutes on Monday, February 4th!! I will be on the local (omg - LIVE!!!) Rogers Cable Daytime show, talking about and demonstrating my knitting speed. It's channel 10 in the Barrie, Alliston, Angus area and channel 53 in the Collingwood area. I won't be able to PVR it since I'm with Bell, but I'm hoping that they'll give me a copy!

I'm hoping that this will kind of warm me up for the Knit Out - live, audience, you know. The hostess, Deb James, is one of the DJ's that I wake up to on Kool 107.5. Her co-host, Dale Smith, saw me knitting at the spelling bee (I was volunteering) where he was the celebrity Spell Master a couple of weeks ago and mentioned it in passing on the radio "... you wouldn't believe it - I can't believe that there wasn't smoke coming off of those needles". I called in and spoke to them about it and told them about the Knit Out. So Deb mentioned it to the Daytime producer and - don't blink or you'll drop a stitch - I'm going to be on the show.
They want me to knit on something that I can finish in an hour so a scarf it is! I'll be using my Signature Needles and Beth is sending me a couple of balls of Vero so I'll be getting my knit on in style.


No comments:

Post a Comment