Monday, October 29, 2007

CSNF 2

I could go on and on, drag out the story with a whole lot of fugly lead-up details, but I'll just cut to the chase.

I WON!!!

Nobody seems to know this (I guess it should top my "Random List") but I get massive stage fright. I really like public speaking and teaching and I've been told that I do it well, but even though I'm prepared, knowledgeable and able I am physically sick before I speak/teach.
I need to thank Joan and Carole for being there and with nothing but encouraging, funny & distracting words. I especially need to thank Cindy for being a grounding and centering force - I would have totally puked or fainted or curled up in the fetal position if it weren't for her. She was like the gentle pony (trust me Ed, she can be a gentle pony) that they let make travel with the high-strung race horse to keep her from totally losing it. Cindy also took pictures!
Monica was wonderful & I'm so glad that she showed up (the Saturday winner didn't) because they'd've made me sit up there & knit alone if she hadn't!!

I swear that I am going to figure out how to do a podcast because Cindy & I were fucking hilarious with our commentating at the Saturday night banquet!!! "It's not catty & bitchy if it's true" will be our motto.

It was a lot of fun, even the stage bit in hindsight, and I can't wait to do it again next year. I'm sure that there will be fodder aplenty for Cindy & I to podcast.

ETA pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment