Thursday, September 6, 2007

Done with Summer

Hang in there - I'm still tweaking the blog with Michelle's help. We'll either come up with what I want (which I know in my head but I can't verbalize) or we'll break Blogger in the attempt. I really want it to be interesting and visually appealing but still comfortable and a pleasure to read.

Once my ragweed allergies kick in mid- to late-August, I am totally done with summer and begin to pray fervently and frequently for frost. Hard frost and days in a
row of it. If the sneezing - which on the plus side has got to be an abdominal workout based on how sore my stomach muscles feel - wasn't disrupting enough, there's the endless nose blowing which only seems to make room for more nasal drippage. My eyes are runny & dry. Trust me, they are both simultaneously and itchy to boot. When I can't stop myself from rubbing them for another second I rub them with a relentless fervour. When the urge to rub abates I am left with swollen red eyes that leave me looking especially pitiful.
Then there's the scratchy, sore throat that neither scalding tea, ice cold ginger ale nor extra strength Halls can
soothe.
None of these tortures is as difficult to live with and endure as the exhaustion. I am utterly sapped of energy. It requires all of my wil
lpower to not crawl back into bed and just lay there, whimpering and feeling utterly hard done by. I'm not sleepy-tired, just exhausted and wanting to close my eyes.

Yes, I take allergy meds. I've tried various brands and formulations and they all offer a modicum of relief, but the above describes me on the medication. I tried the shots but I was so sensitive to them that it made little sense to continue. So for now massive amounts of caffeine, looming deadlines and familial obligations are keeping me going, but I really need that frost.

Amanda had clothes laid out in the living room
and kept switching and re-arranging them trying to settle on "the perfect" outfit for the first day of school.
I threw a wrench in the works when I finished her Stop & Go sweater Monday night and laid it on her chair. When I left for my bus run on Tuesday morning this was what she had decided to wear.
Of course, she changed her mind about 5 times over the next hour or so and didn't end up wearing the sweater - it was too warm. That's okay - we'll have a frost soon.

Rhonda did this and I'm weak and had to do it to! I just love Blogthings!!


You Are a Yellow Crayon

Your world is colored with happy, warm, fun colors.
You have a thoughtful and wise way about you. Some people might even consider you a genius.
Charming and eloquent, you are able to get people to do things your way.
While you seem spontaneous and free wheeling, you are calculating to the extreme.

Your color wheel opposite is purple. You both are charismatic leaders, but purple people act like you have no depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment