Friday, July 27, 2007

Luscious Mittens

Since I bought the knitting word poetry magnets at the OHS and put them on the fridge, there have been a variety of sentences. Mostly it's Amanda making cute phrases. I'm usually a little slow when someone is trying to make subtle hints, but this one was kind of obvious and I was hopped up on caffeine so I didn't miss it.
Yeah, hard to miss, huh?
So anyway, after I got used to seeing all of the
gorgeous colours at Lindenhof and I could see them separately instead of a a rainbow-blur, I fixated on a particular handpainted skein. I couldn't get it out of my head. Then I couldn't get it out of my hand. I think it fits the bill and Amanda certainly agreed.

The fronts of Veronik's sweater are blocking and the 1st sleeve is waiting its
turn. Today I will knit the 2nd sleeve and have it blocking with the 1st one by the end of the day (or early into tomorrow).
I'll get to that as soon as I have a chocolate chip muffin. Amanda has become a great little c
offee runner (Tim's is just around the corner and up a block and Amanda loves being asked to go there!) and sometimes a reward is in order. And I'm just not one to make something really delish and not have one (or three). I even made up a little ditty - "Do you know the Muffin Woman ... who lives on Robertson Road?" It works out quite well into the Muffin Man tune. Ha - now you won't be able to get it out of your head either.

No comments:

Post a Comment