Saturday, May 26, 2007

This, That and The Other Thing

Well, I've been working quite a bit on this: The BMFA Rockin' Sock Club February sock. I know, but better late than never ... especially when you're running late!! I got a lot of the 2nd sock done when I took Amanda to see Shrek the Third. I had to start on the 2nd one so that I had something easy to do in the dark.

I've done 3 cable crossings on the leg of the first sock. The good news is that I can get i
t on - so many others have had problems with the cables being too tight. I headed off this problem by changing to 3mm needles for the leg (I was using 2.5mm needles for the foot). The problem is that there is a wrinkle of excess fabric on the top of my foot. I think that I could alleviate this with some instep shaping, but the problem is that I don't have enough any experience with toe-up socks and I don't know how to just put it in there. I'm sure that it's not difficult, but I just don't have the time to research it right now.
So I have to decide if I can just live with the wrinkle - maybe it will work itself out - or rip them out and knit them top down, with the heel & instep shaping that I know how to do. Maybe I'll think about this on Monday.

When I'm not working on this, I'm working on that:
With 353 stitches per row and a lace pattern and circular needles this is not progressing especially rapidly. But I'm being the tortoise on this one - steady & persistent will finish the race. Cindy's variegated yarn keeps it from being a sea of monotone boringness.

Then there's the other thing: the Fiber Trends Hydrangea Lace Scarf.
1 repeat down, 6 or 7 more to go. It's not an especially easy pattern to memorize, but it's an interesting pattern and the yarn - Claudia Hand Painted Silk Lace - is a pleasure to knit with!

Well, I'm off to bed. I've been awake since 5:30AM - curse the cheerfully chirping birds and the frellin' yappy neighbourhood dogs!! - and between the knitting, gymnastics and the almost-too-delicious smoked pork loins (I don't use the smoker a lot, but when I do I'm totally in love), I'm done in!!
The team (Toronto Spiders) will probably take a year to forgive me if I don't show up well rested and ready to knit!!

Thanks to everyone for your speedy knitting/spinning wishes and for those who helped spread the word. I'll do the prize draws on Monday and let you know who will be getting the swag.

No comments:

Post a Comment