Wednesday, May 9, 2007

If It Looks Like ...

What does this look like to you? A medieval implement of torture? A kinky sex device?
Well, if when I say "torture" you think of exercise, and when I say "sex" you think of sweat then You're Right!!!
It's a bike roller - like a treadmill for a bike.
Unlike the triangle kind of one that holds up the back end of a bike, on the rollers you are much more involved in maintaining a straight & upright position. Trust me, if you thought that you knew how to ride a bike I can guarantee you that doing it on rollers will teach you a new thing or two!! I have numerous bruises to prove it. I've improved a lot over the last few days but it still requires all of my focus not to stray too close to an edge. I ride close to a wall so that I have something to grab on to if I need to steady myself & get straight again without having to stop and reset myself.

Here is the start of Vivacious.
I know, I'll try to take a picture against a better background - that brown sheet isn't doing much for the visibility of the lace pattern.

Knitting in the News

Knitting on Tour
Wikiknitting
Knit your own shopping bag
Crochet knits?



No comments:

Post a Comment