Saturday, December 9, 2006

Out with the old ...

... and in with the new!!!
I still have to get someone in to take out the old dishwasher and put in the new one, but that's okay. I'm so totally thrilled with the new toys appliances and their shiny stainless steel-ness that I can be a bit patient with the dishwasher. That and the fact that I still have the portable one so I'm not slaving over dirty dishes or pawning that dirty duty off on the children.
Don't they just brighten up the kitchen? Amanda helped bring everything up from the downstairs fridge and put it away in the new one as soon as Kerwyn had it set up. We cooked in the new oven - it was only chicken breasts, but they came out perfect!!

Amanda registered for the Barrie Spelling Bee today. I've told her that it won't matter how far she gets, I'm super proud of her for stepping out of her comfort zone and trying this. Standing in the spotlight and presenting makes her very anxious. She is going to be the star of Amanda and the Spelling Bee. There is an open practice (mic & everything) on Jan. 13th & 14th - we'll definitely be there. We received a list of sample/practice words and we'll have until Jan. 21st to get ready for the qualifying round. We I bought a Scrabble board and we'll play that together & when I can't, she can play the computer version. We had our first game tonight, we didn't keep score & I think that she learned something about not using too many small words too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment