Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Naturally Easy

Well it will be for everyone else once I get the pattern finished! I really don't like raglans - they're fiddly.
Beth will be happy to see this - I know, it doesn't look like much but it's an almost finished not much.
I've picked up for the neckline, but sometimes it's hard to tell if it's going to lay right until it's cast off. So I think that I'm going to take it back, work the V decreases on alternate rounds to make for a wider v-sp
read & pick up additional stitches at the top of the sleeves and back neck so that it doesn't pull in so much. I might also do a couple of short rows to take out some of the back neck rib. Since I didn't do back neck shaping - I almost always do, but it's extra-fiddly on a raglan - this should create just the bit of shaping that I'm looking for.

I sent of the first finished sweater for Chicknits and have started on the second. Circular knitting is not my favourite but I sure can get used to not having to finish seams!


Oh - and here is a picture of me accepting the Grand Prize Bushel 'o Yarn from Sabrina.
I also will receive a Gold VIP pass for next fall's show, 2 nights at the Hilton Toronto and a Via Rail voucher. It's a fun venue for meeting a lot of people from different lists and blogs!

Thank you all for your empathy for our loss - it means a lot. We're not going to rush into another pet, but I'm sure that we'll get another one eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment