Friday, March 3, 2006

Olympic pub pics

Better late than never!! Here the Harlot is wearing her just-finished sweater. When asked how she felt now, she replied emphatically "sonofabitch"!! This may be interpreted as a declaration of pride, exhaustion and/or "not ever again". Readers' Choice!

I have always told people that I knit like it's a sport and that I wished for a World Cup or Olympics for knitting. I would like to thank Stephanie for putting forth this idea and not curling up in the fetal position and rocking herself to sleep for 16 days when she saw how freakin' out of control what a big bandwagon whe was going to have to pull.
And there is nothing like having a team. Kelly & Jen did a remarkable job of pulling together Team Canada. It was really great to share in the
triumphs and tribulations of my fellow Olympians!

Here Ken is
sporting his Durrow while admiring the shawl that Sarah knit. It's hard to go wrong with Koigu!

Jen is playing with Sophies' socks - nothing wrong with a little sock envy!

Amanda took this picture of me wearing the Flirty Ruffles
Shawl before I had to send it off. The client was very pleased which is the cherry on top of the Gold Medal. I think that I will have to knit one for myself - at a leisurely pace - lol.







This is
hilarious - I found it at Jen's blog and I couldn't resist. Who comes up with these things?!? You can make your own here.



5 comments:

  1. Aw, this just makes me wish that I would have went. :( It looks like fun. That's a good picture of Ken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shawl looks amazing. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:35 PM

    Oh! Oh! that's the prettiest Flirty Ruffles I've ever seen. Thanks for continuing to display Team Caffeine's button.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:38 PM

    What pics? They don't show on my computer. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Tamar, I don't know what to suggest except refreshing the page. I've never had anyone with this problem. I hope that you can resolve it.

    ReplyDelete