Wednesday, January 25, 2006

SP7 - Off to a good start

What a coincidence - I sent of a package to my SP7 recipient yesterday morning and what did I find when I checked the mail yesterday aftenoon? Yes!! My first SP7 package. I was on my way to Barrie on errands and while I had every intention of saving the opening until I returned home and could really savour it ... well, I didn't even last 5 minutes! I opened it at the first red light that I came to. What a little box of delights. Chocolate (dark chocolate!!) covered cranberries, a sweet little notebook, sheepie clips (perfect for attaching knitting notes to patterns in use) and a wonderful skein of handpainted yarn (I think that it's saying "hat" but it has a fairly thick Maine accent so I will have to spend some time with it and make sure that we understand each other) from a little company in Maine called Inspirations Yarn. And a nice knitterly card to top it all off. Notice how the sheep have started grazing around and making themselves at home already.

Thank you Secret Pal - what a great way to start the week off!!

3 comments:

  1. I loooooove the sheepie clips. Wonder where she got them. The yarn is sweet too. You made out like a bandit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did the right thing. I wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great surprise!

    Hey, you're near Barrie? I didn't realize how close you were to me.

    ReplyDelete