Thursday, January 26, 2006

Hawaii

So I finished my Jaywalkers - picture tomorrow. I just had to cast on another pair of socks & Lorna's Laces Hawaii has been on my mind for a long time. I also fell in love with the Embossed Leaf socks from the current issue of IK. I'm afraid, however, that the yarn is not doing the socks justice (or it may be the other way around). My Hawai'ian yarn vacation is going to have to find a new travel agent. Let me know if you have a suggestion for a good one!

The DMS is finished and just needs to be blocked. I wasn't able to get the extra pattern repeat in - I just didn't have enough yarn, but it is lovely anyway. I promise pics of that too.

2 comments:

  1. That sock yarn sure is pretty! How 'bout another pair of Jaywalkers with it ... a pair for your lovely little TAKE agent, perhaps. :)

    Can't wait to see the shawl. I'm sure it's gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear LL looks nice in the Feather and Fan pattern from "Socks, Socks, Socks". If you don't have that, I also suspect the "Lacy Scallops" socks from sockbug would be good in that yarn too. I'm going to try both of those patterns someday....

    ReplyDelete